Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop

Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop
"That little ol' [angel] can only get you part of the way. You have to help it along with some hard work." Princess and the Frog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"You know better than I,

You know the way.
I've let go the need to know why,
I'll take what answer you supply.
For you know better than I."

Joseph King of Dreams

There are times when we just need the faith to keep pushing to the end. This past week or so it was unsure of what was going to happen when my companion went home. I was the lone ASL missionary for two days, now with a new sister coming in I am not alone, but only I really know the area. So, a lot on my shoulders. But I haven't felt any anxiety or fear for this upcoming two months or so until we get the new ASL missionaries.

Why haven't I felt any fear or anxiety? Because once I discovered what was going to happen I gave it all to the Lord. I knew that alone I could not handle the stress. I knew I would break down. So, that first night I learned of what was happening in our small ASL group I prayed for help to take the stress away and only trust the Lord on the events that were to unfold for me.

Since that night there has been no fear or doubts about the future. I have felt nothing but peace. Well, okay, maybe a little sorrow at having my long-term companion go home from her fulfilled mission. But now with a new companion and friend there is much to learn and so much more to do. I have no fear, I only have hope and joy for the future. God doesn't do random in this world or any other world.

The Future is bright and I am thrilled for the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment