Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop

Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop
"That little ol' [angel] can only get you part of the way. You have to help it along with some hard work." Princess and the Frog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Your mother and mine." -Peter Pan

Being a missionary can be tough, especially in the time you have the memory invoking holidays. With Mother's Day just around the corner and Father's day as well I am often reminded of the wonderful memories I have with them. I would not be the person I am today without that influence that has helped change me.

Mothers especially have a tough job, they are the ones that the kids look up to when they are struggling with things, whether they seem small or big, they go to mom. moms are the ones who hold up the family, they bless us all with the desire to keep learning and growing. And they provide a hug when they are most needed. They glue us all together so that we can support and be there for each other.

My mom is the best there is, she has helped me overcome my own fears and helped me when I don't even realize I need the help. She has a sixth sense when something is wrong (even over the miles of distance). She checks in and shows her love the way she knows best. She's my friend, my mom, my counselor, and my guide when I need her to be. Because of my mom I have been able to do so much.

Because of my family I am blessed. 

Happy Mother's day to all you mothers out there. I hope you know just how much you are needed and how much you really do for all of us in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment