Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop

Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop
"That little ol' [angel] can only get you part of the way. You have to help it along with some hard work." Princess and the Frog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Whaaaaaa-?

Sometimes I forget how marvelous and generous our Heavenly Father truly is. He has given me so much that I take it for granted. I was reminded the other day just how much I really rely on Him. I have every day lived and that alone is a huge blessing. Having had much in terms of disappointments and heartache here I realize how much I need that help.

There are times when I look back and wonder why so much had to happen. I mean, when my trainer's family passed away I asked myself, "Why her? What did she do to deserve this? She was doing her job, her work was going well, she had so much going for her. Why?" It was hard to accept. Even then there was a time when I had to struggle through someone else not giving me the time  nor the space to let me grieve. It was hard, but now I look back and see how much was a gift. I can see where I have become just that much stronger. My heart has had some time to heal.

And again, we learned of a sister in our mission who passed away unexpectedly in the field. She had been doing well and then... was gone. I didn't know her very well, but she had made such a huge impact on the whole mission. It also was a huge blow. But I can see where she left her mark. The blessing we had in having her as part of the mission. That is what we needed to know.

Everyday is a gift, every breath is held by the power of God. He decides when the time is right for us to go home to Him. So, don't forget the small things that are there for you. The "Tender Mercies" as we come to know them. Perhaps you would enjoy reading some about your daily "Tender Mercies" as spoken by Elder David A. Bednar. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2005/04/the-tender-mercies-of-the-lord?lang=eng

I hope this keeps us in remembrance of the blessings from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment