Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop

Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop
"That little ol' [angel] can only get you part of the way. You have to help it along with some hard work." Princess and the Frog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Unless someone like you,

Cares a whole awful lot.

Nothing is going to get better,

It's not."

-Dr Suess
 

I decided this to be one of my favorite quotes after I was reacquainted with it. It is a constant reminder that if we want something to change we have to be the ones to change it. If not all at once, then piece by piece, bit by bit, until finally you can look at the outcome and feel the satisfaction of a job well done.

It is very easy to convince yourself that you can do it later, or that you're too busy now. I know, I have had to fight that kind of attitude myself many times. I was asked recently "how you you overcome being lazy?" My answer was you first need to decide that you won't be lazy. That is the start, next; you need to get up and move. Sometimes it feels harder to move than it should, something holding you back from what you know you need to do. That is the best time to look forward with hope and a prayer in your heart and you can move.

Faith and prayer will give the strength necessary to move forward as promised in the Book of Mormon. "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon you shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon you backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will i do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.'
   "And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." (Mosiah 24:14-15)

Really it is very easy to get back up, but to keep moving forward? That becomes the challenge. With a prayer in your heart and hope in your soul you can find yourself changing and the world around you slowly start to follow suit. It only takes a small drop of water to cause a ripple across a lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment