Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop

Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop
"That little ol' [angel] can only get you part of the way. You have to help it along with some hard work." Princess and the Frog

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Climbing to Heaven

It is not an easy path we take,
every road and step we must make.
It carries us closer to the goal, so dear
oh so close and far, yet also so clear.

As step mistook caused a slide,
down the mountain again, a bumpy ride.
At a stop a momentary pause,
to brush off and find the cause.

Decided and undaunted, for the goal so true,
a new step, to climb, though sting pains anew.
The fight, though unfair it seems,
a constant reminder of future dreams.

Times that seem to hold us down,
that we shall never reach the mountain crown.
A touch to the shoulder, gentle for sure,
a look to see no person, nor a lure.

A thoughtful pause to understand,
with a smile accepting the unseen hand.
The hardest trials yet to come,
continued trustfully with the pressure of the unseen thumb.

When sliding and stumbling we try,
the faith found in our Friend we could cry.
The stumble helps us grow strong
at the end of the road we sing a joyous song.

Passing through a veil at the very tip,
recognizing the hand's owner's grip.
Tears falling like rain we cry,
"My Savior, My God, Thank you for helping me try."

His voice, gentle undiscribably sweet,
speaks, "my child, thou hast been true, Thy God shalt thou meet.
Thy sins have been forgiven,
by following Me thou has been driven."

"My Lord, I have had many a mistake,
how can one such as I, my sins thou take?"
"Because I love you, no matter your grief,
of me thou has not withheld thy belief."

At the throne of our Father Heavenly,
He speaks to all, "Welcome, thou shalt have for eternity,
Peace of the righteous, joy to the fullest shalt thou know.
May your sins once scarlet, become white as the snow."

2 comments:

  1. Under most circumstances I am not a poet, but this came on its own. So, I assume the Spirit guided my hands to type it.

    ReplyDelete