Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop

Angel Moroni on snowy backdrop
"That little ol' [angel] can only get you part of the way. You have to help it along with some hard work." Princess and the Frog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Made the choice

There it stood,
two doors from which to choose.

One held gold and colors
bright and clear.

The other was old,
normally the one, I assumed, to lose.

I debated the choice,
the consequence would be dear.

I looked to the floor,
many prints led to the colorful door.

I took a step on the same path,
and felt something make me pause.

That was too easy,
to me it seemed.

If thinking of a contract,
there would be a loop, some new clause.

Again to the old door I peered,
what if the light from there beamed?

The night drew on,
I still stuck the question.

Following my heart,
it had not misled me before.

I turned from the golden and
more flamboyant of the two.

I reached out and gripped the handle
of that old, and rusted door.

It took a little more effort than
I had previously guessed, it's true.

But I opened that door to my delight.
I had chosen correctly and walked into the sunlight.

So if by design or other ways,
I encourage all to try and find,
That second door that leads to days.
Of joy and peace, of love so kind.

We must take that step true,
For sure, we can't wait.
Go on and the door go through.
That choice will lead your fate.

To a paradise from God,
Or to the unknown.
Holding true to the rod,
Or to paths that cannot be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment